One of Brighouse’s most established businesses is undergoing an extensive transformation following its merger with a leading Calderdale law firm.
Bearders Solicitors, which was first established in the 1920s, has begun a comprehensive refurbishment of its King Street offices following a recent partnership with Wilkinson Woodward, which also has offices in Huddersfield and Halifax.
The work includes a new shop front, as well as remodeling and refurbishment of the reception area and office space.
The shop front was replaced over the Christmas period and new signage will be installed later this month. The office will remain open for business throughout the refurbishment.
“Bearders has been providing legal services to communities across Calderdale for almost a century.
“As Wilkinson Woodward Bearders, we’re looking forward to providing a more modern and welcoming environment for both new and existing clients.”
Bearders was first established in 1920 by Harold Bearder. In 1946 he was joined by his son, local philanthropic solicitor John Alfred Bearder and in 1977, Richard Smithies opened Bearders’ office in King Street.
The Brighouse premises are home to the Bearder Charity, set up by John Bearder to benefit the people of Calderdale.
The charity awards grants totaling around £120,000 every year to both individual and community projects across the Calder Valley.
From their Brighouse offices, Wilkinson Woodward Bearders provide a full range of legal services including conveyancing, commercial law, wills and probate, as well as family advice and mediation.