Marks & Spencer has revealed further details of its new Monks Cross store, which is set to open at Vangarde Shopping Park in York on Thursday, April 10.
The 100,000 sq ft store, which will be one of the biggest in the region, will also be one of the greenest M&S stores to date and has been designed to offer the very best shopping experience for customers.
Unique environmental and retail features will include:
- The new store is being environmentally built and no waste at all will go to landfill during construction. Eco features include a 60,000 litre tank that recycles rainwater, reducing the stores water use, and two green living walls, totalling over 1,800 sq ft, designed to attract wildlife and retain heat. The store will also feature electric car charging points, refurbished trolleys and is part powered by 600 solar panels, which is a first for a new M&S store.
- A new 1,500 sq ft Beauty Hall will offer an extensive range of M&S’ own-brand products, along with some of the world’s leading and exclusive beauty brands such as Nuxe (France), Murad (USA) and Monotheme (Italy), all of which have been handpicked by M&S experts.
- The 18,000 sq ft womenswear section will include the Autograph department, offering more sophisticated style and fashion options for customers in York. M&S Monks Cross will also feature a larger selection of the M&S Collection, per una and Limited ranges. Each clothing range will be clearly segmented in store, with distinct identities to allow customers to see which brand best meets their personal style. The 6,200 sq ft Lingerie department will benefit from a fitting room suite, completing the women’s fashion offering.
- The menswear department will include the North Coast range, along with Autograph, Blue Harbour and Collezione shops. The store will also benefit from a large suit selection. There will be an all year round school shop, along with a larger selection of kidswear ranges.
- The large 14,700 sq ft Home department will allow customers to browse M&S’ extensive soft furnishing, furniture and accessories collection. With an inspirational environment to shop for products, the department will feature the latest M&S ranges, including the full Conran collection, to help customers create a living room, kitchen or bathroom to suit their style.
- As well as a great place to shop, M&S Monks Cross will have a large Café providing seating for 170 people. Serving delicious, freshly-made dishes using ingredients from the Food hall, it will be a destination for customers looking to have a break during their shop. The Café, which will overlook the conservation area of the retail park, will offer customers panoramic views of York Minster while they enjoy hot and cold seasonal dishes, tempting desserts, sandwiches and an extensive selection of drinks and Fairtrade tea and coffee.
- The store’s modern Food hall will showcase the quality and freshness of M&S food, with customers able to choose their favourites from more than 7,000 products. An in-store Bakery will offer a range of specialty breads and pastries, freshly baked each day, and a Deli Counter will offer a wide range of hot and cold delicatessen items, including pasta made freshly in-store.
In addition, the store will offer the popular Shop Your Way service, giving customers the choice of ordering from M&S.com in-store or online, with the added benefit of free next day in-store delivery and collection.
“We can’t wait for customers to see the new bigger and better store and all its exciting features.
“The new store will bring the best of M&S under one roof, with bigger fashion ranges, a new Beauty Hall and a large Homeware department.
“Shoppers will be able to select their favourite M&S products from the Food Hall and relax in the new M&S Café, overlooking The Minster. We hope old and new customers can join us on April 10 to celebrate the opening.”