Teachers looking to bring history to life outside the classroom or with pupils that want to see their teacher in stocks for the day should enrol in the brand new Deadly Drama Workshops at The York Dungeon.
The interactive sessions, which are designed and led by the Dungeon’s professional performance team but executed by the pupils, will see classes getting into character and learning how to portray key historical events such as the hanging of Dick Turpin, and the arrival of the Plague in the city.
Following this, school groups can enjoy a guided walking tour of York and learn first-hand about the history and tales of the old streets as two knowledgeable actors escort classes around the prominent sights of the Roman city.
Pupils will also enjoy a 75 minute journey through 2,000 years of York’s real and often murky history, as the Dungeon’s actors bring it to life (minus the boring bits). With 360° sets, full on authenticity, theatrical storytelling and scary surprises lurking within, it’s a unique, fun and educational introduction to some of the most iconic eras and figures of the past.
Schools can currently take advantage of an introductory price that includes the Deadly Drama Workshops, guided city tour and Dungeon tour for just £10 per student and free entry for teachers. This requires spending a full day immersed at The York Dungeon and includes:
- 10am – Arrival and tour of The York Dungeon
- 11:20am – Gift Shop and refreshment
- 11:50am – Deadly Drama Workshop
- 1pm – Lunch
- 1:30pm – City Tour
- 2:30pm – Departure
School bookings include:
- Dedicated school booking line with experts on-hand to answer questions and help make a booking
- Priority entrance tickets ensuring classes won’t be kept waiting on the day
- Free teacher tickets
- Downloadable Risk Assessment
- Access to the Dungeon’s Public Liability Insurance certificate