Nominations for an annual awards scheme which celebrates businesses across Hambleton open next week.
And organisers hope they will overtake the 225 nominees received in 2015.
The Hambleton District Council initiative recognises the range and diversity of businesses in the district, their achievements and the achievements of the people who work there in nine categories:
- Apprenticeship Champion – for an apprentice funded through Hambleton District Council who has developed most in the role
- Graduate Champion – for the graduate funded through Hambleton District Council who has developed most in the role
- Community Contribution – for the business giving most back to the community
- Local is Best – for he business most committed to employing local people and using local service
- Innovation – for the business demonstrating most innovation in marketing, design, manufacturing or performance of services
- Engaging Young Minds – for the business most engaged with schools and education in the area
- Hambleton Champion – for the business which has championed Hambleton as a place to do business
- Learning and Development – for the business which has best supported the training and development of its staff
- Best dressed windows and displays – for the business with the best dressed windows or internal displays
Nominations open on 21 March with judging running up to the awards ceremony on 7 July.
“These awards celebrate the range and diversity of businesses in the area and their achievements,” said Coun Peter Wilkinson, Deputy Leader of the Council and Portfolio Holder for Economic Development.
“It’s a great opportunity to highlight some of the people and businesses here in Hambleton. It builds on our successful 2015 event which celebrated why it is good to live, work and do business in Hambleton.
“So not only do we need people to nominate businesses and individuals within businesses – we need everyone to nominate their favourites and encourage others to do the same.”
Nomination forms are available on www.hambleton.gov.uk/businessawards
For more information contact Julie Hutton, Business and Economy Officer, Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org 01609 767186.