Pictured is Richard Tulpin
The Institute of Directors has launched its search for the most talented company directors in Yorkshire and the North East.
The Director of the Year Awards will recognise outstanding leadership in the boardroom across eight categories. The winners will be revealed at a gala dinner at the Principal York Hotel on 22 June.
The awards recognise individuals who have displayed the highest standards of leadership in business, public and third sectors.
The winners go forward to the national IoD Director of the Year Awards, where they could follow in the footsteps of Keith Jackson, chief executive of Sheffield-based JRI Orthopaedics, who was named the UK’s top Mid-Market director in 2016.
The categories for 2017 are:
• Director of the Year (Large Company)
• Director of the Year (Mid-Market Company)
• Director of the Year (Small Company)
• Young Director of the Year
• International Director of the Year
• Public & Third Sector Director of the Year
• Family Business Director of the Year
• Non-Executive Director of the Year
Richard Tuplin, chairman of the judges for the Director of the Year Awards, said: “Yorkshire and the North East boast some truly talented directors who lead their businesses by example.
“We would urge directors to get their applications submitted in plenty of time and look forward to honouring the best of the best at our annual dinner.”
To enter the awards, email email@example.com for an application form.
The deadline for entries is 17 April.