A Yorkshire-based solopreneur will be running an unusual outdoor retreat to help other solopreneurs escape the loneliness of the office and learn new business skills, all while sitting around a campfire.
The Campfire Storytelling Retreat is the brainchild of Melissa Talago, founder of Campfire Communications, who got fed up seeing claims of overnight 6-figure success stories on social media, which can make microbusiness owners – of which there are over 5 million in the UK – feel like a failure.
“It’s really hard when you work on your own not to feel like everyone else is succeeding in business. There is a huge amount of ‘Facebook Fakery’, which can have a severe impact on a solopreneur’s morale, because no-one tells the truth of what’s really going on behind the scenes.
“I wanted to create a retreat that lets small business owners connect with other like-minded people, escape the loneliness of solo working and learn valuable skills to grow their business in a down to earth setting. Sharing stories, advice and real life experiences around a campfire is the best way to do that,” said Melissa.
The retreat will include:
– Three workshops including Brand Storytelling, Story Generating for Content Marketing & a PR Mini Masterclass
– Three networking events including a Campfire Get-To-Know-You, Campfire Confessions and a Walk & Talk advice sharing session
– Campfire building and cooking activities
– Outdoor yoga
– Time out to relax and recharge those overworked batteries
– Marshmallows and hot chocolate supplied!
It will take place 19 – 21 May 2017 at the Chevin Country Hotel & Spa, near Otley, and costs £697 including all workshops, meals and private log cabin. To find out more go to www.campfirecommunications.co.uk/retreat