After carrying more than 65 million customers, the leading leisure airline Jet2.com has celebrated 15 years since its first day of flying.
Jet2.com customers and staff, including colleagues who worked at the airline on that very first day of operations and who were on the company’s first ever flight, were joined by Peter Andre for a morning of celebration.
The celebrity guest surprised customers at check-in and even boarded the aircraft to serenade customers and staff with a special ‘Happy Birthday’ rendition.
He also launched a competition called ‘15 Seconds of Fame’ to mark the 15th anniversary. By creating a video to capture the spirit of Jet2.com, one lucky customer can win 15 free return flights, and 15 runners up can win a pair of free flights.
Back in 2003, the first ever Jet2.com flight took off from Leeds Bradford Airport to Amsterdam. With two aircraft serving nine destinations from Leeds Bradford that first year, the company has since grown to become the UK’s third largest airline with a fleet of 88* aircraft flying to 65 sun, city and ski destinations from nine UK bases.
Since the first day of flying on February 12 2003, the company has:
- Carried more than 65 million customers, including more than 23 million to and from its first base Leeds Bradford
- Served over seven million cups of tea and two million KitKats!
- Launched from eight new bases, including the start of flights from Birmingham and London Stansted in March 2017
- Won numerous awards for customer service, including Best Airline – UK and Best Low Cost Airline – Europe in the inaugural TripAdvisor Excellence Awards for Airlines.
- Increased its fleet size from six to 88* with 34 brand new Boeing 737-800 being delivered between September 2016 and January 2019.
From Leeds Bradford Airport alone, Jet2.com has carried over 23 million customers since 2003. Its growth has seen the company grow the number of employees in Yorkshire from 80 to over 2,000, and means it will operate a fleet of 15 aircraft at the airport this summer. Today, the company operates to 54 destinations from its first ever base.
Steve Lee, commercial director of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, who was on the company’s first ever flight back in 2003 said: “This was a great chance to look back on what has been achieved since we launched.
“The things that mattered to customers 15 years ago, such as VIP customer service, great flight times and value, are just as important today and that is what we have focused on resolutely for the past decade and a half.
“Our family friendly formula means we have expanded to become the third largest airline, whilst winning a string of accolades at the same time. As we look forward to the next 15 years and beyond, our commitment to those same values remains at the heart of everything we do.”