Local agency Umpf swept the board winning seven Gold Awards, including a double for the creative ‘up yours I quit’ campaign, on behalf of Multilotto.
Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust took home the Regional Campaign of the Year award for an inspiring project, which raised awareness of mental wellbeing and signposted people to vital support services. Judges praised the campaign for encouraging people to ‘catch up with a cuppa’ and talk openly about their mental health.
Acceleris struck Gold in the Issues, Crisis or Reputational Management category and the agency’s Account Director Rebecca Jackson was named Outstanding Young Communicator. Elsewhere, Harris and iseepr were named Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy and Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy, respectively.
Amy Airey MCIPR, chair of CIPR Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, said: “The quality of entries at this year’s Yorkshire and Lincolnshire PRide Awards are testament to the talent we have within our counties.
“It’s an exciting time to work in PR and communications in the region for many different reasons and I’m confident the industry will embrace this and continue to adapt and evolve accordingly, and do us all proud!”
Full Gold Award winners from the 2018 CIPR Yorkshire and Lincolnshire PRide Awards:
- Corporate and Business Communications Campaign – Faith PR and Johnsons of Whixley, Cultivating Johnsons’ rooted reputation
- Internal Communications Campaign – Engage Comms and Harry Fairclough Construction, Building a communications culture
- Public Sector Campaign – NHS Wakefield CCG & Umpf, The Twelve Days of Christmas
- Not-for-Profit Campaign – The Right Agency, Lhasa: Predicting the Data Sharing Future
- Integrated Campaign – Umpf, ‘up yours i quit’
- Transport or Automotive Campaign – Social Communications and Bradford Council, Next Stop Bradford
- Low Budget Campaign – Umpf, Calming Tears with ‘Teddy Goes For A Swim’
- Arts, Culture or Sport Campaign – Capital B Media and Barnsley Museums, National search for a 21st century miller
- Regional Campaign of the Year – Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust, Local communities get talking about mental health
- Best Use of Media Relations – Umpf, ‘up yours i quit’
- Best Use of Social Media – Approach PR, Ilkley Carnival
- Best Use of Photography or Design – Umpf, Bike-on-the-Roof PR Stunt is 1st Glass
- Best Event – Umpf, Private Gigs in Student Digs
- Issues, Crisis or Reputational Management – Acceleris, Securing the future of the UK maritime industry
- Best Publication – Umpf, Calming Tears with ‘Teddy Goes For A Swim’
- Outstanding Young Communicator – Rebecca Jackson, Acceleris
- Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team – Skipton Building Society
- Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy – Harris
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy – iseepr
- Outstanding Contribution to Regional News – BBC Look North
- Outstanding Contribution to Regional News – ITV News Calendar