Businesses that operate without premises – including taxi drivers, mobile hairdressers, tradespeople and market traders – have just a few days left to apply for covid19 grant aid.
The Additional Restrictions Grants scheme – relating to the period 31 December to 15 February – closes to applications on 21 February.
The types of businesses that may be eligible include those in shared offices; bed and breakfast businesses where council is paid, not business rates; market traders; taxi drivers; mobile hairdressers and beauticians; plumbers, electricians and other tradespeople.
The key criteria applicable to the scheme are that during the period of the grant the business must:
- Have been severely financially impacted upon
- Not be entitled to the Local Restrictions Grant (Closed) Addendum 5 Jan (LRSG(C)A 5 Jan or Closed Business Lockdown Payment (CBLP)
- Have been trading on 30 December and not have a Rateable Value on its business premise at that date
- Have fixed unavoidable business costs
- Be based in Richmondshire
Some businesses are specifically excluded from both these schemes – including solicitors and accountants.